Chewy Caramel with a Cream Center.
Way back when, in the year 1895, before there was color TV, Video Games and Automobiles, a man named August Goetze started manufacturing a variety of confections. Located in the heart of Baltimore, Maryland, the company was originally called the Baltimore Chewing Gum Company. In the early 1940s Mr. Goetze decided to only produce one candy, and that candy was called a Caramel Cream‚. With its rich and creamy center surrounded by soft chewy caramel it became an enormous hit.